lördag 22 februari 2014

I held your hand, like I promised




I held your hand, dad, like I promised. I was there and stroked your head. Your fine now, no more pain or loosing memory. You are dancing with the angels, just like we danced on my wedding day.

I remember all the moments we had together. I remember when you sat on the boat looking at the sea, we sat there together keeping hands.

I miss you, there is empthyness inside me. I didnt want to let you go, but you are in a better place now. You have found peace. All your girls were there dad, we all sat by your side.

Dad, I promise, I will be there for mum, the love of your life.
I’m there for her now. I know you are by her side, I know you walk next to her. I will take her hand and give her strength, I promise dad.

Dad, I miss you. You are ok now dad, all worries has lifted. Thank you dad for that you held out for our sake. Dad dance with the angels, dad dance.
 
Your little girl will manage, one day at the time. I will always be your little girl, do you know that dad?

You were my all, dear dad.
You understood me, without words. Your eyes met mine, I will miss that dad. I will miss your hands that always was warm.

Dad, you don’t have to be cold anymore, you don’t have to have pain.
Dad, dance with the angels, dance.


Bo-Björn "Boije" Lindqvist 17.7.1942 - 31.12.2013
Dance with the angels, dad, dance <3



(I wrote this text  the day after my dad died and now I translated this so that more of my friends get to know me and my wonderful dad. The song above I played for my dad just after he passed away.)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar